Thursday, March 21, 2013

Camellia's

It is to be 24 tonight so I popped out to pick a platter of camellia blossoms before they got nipped by the cold. I wanted to also clarify some of the varieties and say that in yesterdays post I gave the wrong name on the photo, but I've gone in since and edited my error.  Check out these beauties.
Starting with the pure white one at 12:00 and going clockwise:
  • Sudie Blanchard
  • High Fragrance (2 blossoms)
  • Aso Misune
  • April Remembered
  • Japanese Fantasy (with dark green leaves at 6:00)
  • Scarlet Temptation
  • Tiny Princess (2 blossoms)
  • A second April Remembered
  • Center- red and white elongated flower is Kujaku Tsubaki
Our collection continues to grow and so can yours by visiting the Camellia Forest website or nursery in Chapel Hill, they've got a great new video up on the website now that I just checked out- it's fun, take a look.

PS: the fire was super last night and the chicken wings succulent, I even toasted a couple of marshmallows before calling it a night.  It was so chilly today hard I find it hard to imagine spring is coming, but I know it will get here eventually.

No comments: